2014 DVDs and MP3s are available from Back Country Recording. You can place orders now by clicking HERE.
This conference is FRAGRANCE-FREE (don’t wear perfume, cologne, hair tonic, hair spray, etc. with fragrance aka scent. Many are allergic.)
Annie Appleseed Project presented its 8th Evidence-based Complementary & Alternative Cancer Therapies conference March 6-8, 2014
Theme: MANY PATHS TO WELLNESS AGENDA
WE will see you next year, end of February 26-28, 2015.
Location: West Palm Beach Embassy Suites, 1601 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach – free shuttle from PBI airport
Start time: 2:00 PM, Thursday, March 6, 2014
End time: 5:00 PM Saturday, March 8, 2014
Registration opened October 1, 2013 Cost was $249 and included organic meals, access to all exhibitors, a giveaway (reusable bag) with items of value and interest, a Prize drawing, great networking, and Florida weather.
- Keith Block, MD, Medical Director, Block Medical Center Integrative Approaches to Molecular Target Therapy.
You can see an interview Elyn Jacobs (advocate/coach) did with Dr. Block after he spoke at the 2012 conference.
- Michael Schachter, MD, Schachter Center for Complementary Medicine, “Controversial issues in preventing and managing cancer including Salvestrols, vit D, K2, A and Iodine”.
- Sara Carapezzi, Director, The Royal School of Yoga, and Yoga. Her workshop title “The Importance of Supplementation“.
- Dominic D’Agostino, Assistant Professor at the Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology at the University of South Florida. “Hyperbaric medicine, nutritional strategies and ketone esters for the metabolic management of neurological diseases and cancer”, with Graduate student Angela Poff.
- Chris Wark, colorectal cancer survivor “Chris Beat Cancer”.
- Rodrigo Rodriguez, MD, Medical Director and co-founder, International BioCare Hospital and Medical Center “Fighting Cancer Head On”.
- Adam J. Messenger, MD, “Inflammation, the root of all illness” – CANCELED due to illness.
- Dr Dipnarine Maharaj, Bone Marrow Transplant Institute “Stem Cells for Regenerative Medicine in Aging and Cancer“.
- Penny Block, PhD, Block Medical Center “The Impact of Bio-Behavioral Interventions in Cancer Treatment and Cancer Outcomes“.
- Daniel Weber,PhD, MSc, “Stress, Inflammation and Cancer”, Living Medicine.
- Marsha Valutis, PhD, Healing with the Power of Soul – “A Soul Mind Body Medicine Approach to Healing Cancer”.
- George Love, DOM, Qi Gong.
- Janet Galipo, AP, DOM, Body Talk.
- Madhavi Kasam, Classically trained Homeopath, “Homeopathy – the Gentle Care“.
- Sandra Miniere, MEd, “Tap Your Way To Wellness Using EFT“.
- Ashwin Mehta, MD, “Optimum sleep during cancer treatment and beyond“.
- Antonio Jimenez, MD, “The Science of Integrative Medicine down to the Cellular Level“.
- Dickie Walls, AP, “Acupuncture: Sustaining Health and Vitality in Trying Times“.
Breast Cancer Track, Moderated by Helayne Waldman, MS, EdD, NE
- Judy Fitzgerald, breast cancer survivor, teacher, author, founder Sisters4Prevention “Breast Cancer Vaccine Research”.
- Susan Gonzalez, RN, BSN, Author “100 Perks of Having Cancer and 100 Tips for Surviving It”, breast cancer survivor.
- Susan J. McHugh, Founder Pink Ribbon Gift LLC, breast cancer educator, Cancer Coach, Certified Life Coach, two-time cancer survivor”Sex & Intimacy After Cancer Treatment“.
Patient Panel (Moderated by Julia Chiappetta):
Ursula Kaiser (Ovarian cancer)
Melyssa Lawson (Papillary Thyroid cancer)
Tom Fisher (stage IV)
SPECIAL Consults $75 donation for Annie Appleseed Project by:
(please email annieappleseedpr @ aol.com (remove spaces to send an email to schedule consult)
- George Wong, PhD, was a full professor at Weil Cornell Medical College, director of cancer prevention research at the now defunct Strang Cancer Prevention Center, and presently a faculty member at Department of Integrative Medicine at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City. He suggests a $75 donation to Annie Appleseed Project (paid by check on site).
Integrative Wellness Expert – Sandy Miniere
The Orchid TeaRoom – TEA donated and served elegantly!
Agro Innovations Inc. (donation of pesticide-free produce for juicing)
Farm fresh produce from:
Fort Lauderdale vegetables and Flagler Village Farm, Fort Lauderdale
Solace International Farm 7777 Lyons Rd., Hypoluxo
Grey Mockingbird Community Garden, 20th & North D st., Lake Worth
Woolbright Farmer’s Market, Boynton Beach